OP
P

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be them. Didnt know they were that expensive. Very good boxes though, I just figured there would be a large lot for cheaper.

AquaWorldPSC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Them boxes are not cheap, but they are good quality and customers are very happy with them. I buy like 50 at a time for my store.

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check out polar-tech.com... or something like that. Much better prices than Uline. Ulines prices on everything are insane.

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check eBay for insulated boxes. There is a guy that makes them to fit USPS boxes. So, you get the USPS box for free. If you buy the insulated box insert in 3/4 inch and over 20 at a time he will give you bulk discounts. This way it's half the price of Uline.

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uline is way too expensive for that stuff. I get my styro cooler boxes from a local supplier for about $5 per box which still isn't cheap, cheap.

http://superiorenterprise.com/ is much more affordable for that kind of stuff even though they have limited sizes. Also you put these boxes together so they don't take up so much space and they have a flat rate for shipping.

The only thing I buy from Uline nowadays are bags to ship corals in. Everything else like tape, some boxes, heat packs, etc come from superiorenterprise. Then my rigid styro boxes and ice packs come from my local suppliers so I don't have to pay shipping on those.

If you're only looking to get a couple boxes, I could always sell you some if you're ever down in this area.

AquaWorldPSC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Polar-Tech boxes are nice but they are half as thin as Uline boxes. Nothing personal but I hate DIY boxes because they are not totally sealed. When I use Uline boxes it is totally sealed I even tape the lid on tight. I have had more casualties with people shipping me coral with DIY boxes. JMO

SteveOhh

******* Coral Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Polar-Tech boxes are nice but they are half as thin as Uline boxes. Nothing personal but I hate DIY boxes because they are not totally sealed. When I use Uline boxes it is totally sealed I even tape the lid on tight. I have had more casualties with people shipping me coral with DIY boxes. JMO

Exactly!!!! If a bag leaks in one of the "6 piece" styrofoam shippers, guess what? Water goes everywhere and the entire box is ruined because it isn't sealed. With a Uline box, it's completely sealed & the coral has a much better chance of making it to the destination alive. We spend so much on corals, so what's an extra $2-$3 to make sure the box arrives in one piece & the coral arrives alive.

JMO

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 151 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%

Back