Ultra life red slime remover effecting RBTA

indiana812

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dosed according to instructions of the red slime remover & my RBTA has NOT liked it. Anemone has always been in the crevice however he is usually pulled out. He has been all drawn up since adding the red slime remover to my tank. Per the instructions I am unsure if a water change is needed but I am going to do one after work anyway. Has anyone else had this issue or have any idea how long it will be ticked off at me and not come out? First picture is of the anemone before - still not fully out but it was more exposed....

IMG_1129.PNG

1.jpg

Any thought is greatly appreciated! IMG_1102.jpg

OP
OP
I

indiana812

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been normal from my experience. Anemones are very sensitive.
Thank you for the quick response! - I am also battling the hair alage and have read on here that dosing peroxide would solve this issue. I am going to give it a few weeks to let the anemone settle and then maybe girl it a whirl. Have you had any experience with that?

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the quick response! - I am also battling the hair alage and have read on here that dosing peroxide would solve this issue. I am going to give it a few weeks to let the anemone settle and then maybe girl it a whirl. Have you had any experience with that?

Yes, I dose H202 in my tank. Would suggest starting slow. @brandon429 is Peroxide king. Look up some of his large posts on it. 1ml per 10 gallons is standard to start at. I dose twice daily.

OP
OP
I

indiana812

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I dose H202 in my tank. Would suggest starting slow. @brandon429 is Peroxide king. Look up some of his large posts on it. 1ml per 10 gallons is standard to start at. I dose twice daily.
Anemone is closed up more than ever, nearly looking dead.
However, I did a 25% water change and we will see how it goes tomorrow....
I was reading some threads... so it isn’t safe to dose H2O2 if you have a cleaner shrimp?

OP
OP
I

indiana812

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemone is closed up more than ever, nearly looking dead.
However, I did a 25% water change and we will see how it goes tomorrow....
I was reading some threads... so it isn’t safe to dose H2O2 if you have a cleaner shrimp?

Update: Anemone moved out of the crevice for the first time since I put him in the tank!

Previous crevice & new location.

As you can see - the rocks are pretty bad with the brown"ish" hair algae. I am just worried about the cleaner shrimp & the anemone at this point!

I also switched back to Saxby's AI prime schedule. Maybe it is too intense for the anemone? I have it on acclimation mode & previously used the schedule. I am going to rent a Par meter at some point this week and check out the readings to make sure it isn't too intense.

BiggestE22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fix the problem. Lower nutrients. A refugium or an algae reactor will stop Cyanobacteri. Those bottle remedies are short term fixes

Attachments

• 2507FE26-55D4-4835-B082-B90D4D02DB40.jpeg
    2507FE26-55D4-4835-B082-B90D4D02DB40.jpeg
    173.8 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
I

indiana812

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, curious to hear how everything has went.
Anemone ended up dying completely, no saving. :/

I have since restabilized my tank tank completely.l -natural way with no other chemical additives. (Red slime remover absolutely screwed me) Slowly adding more rock for the time being and eventually adding another RBTA.

Attachments

• DA32AFB2-142D-40F7-BA5A-B4DCD5231AE3.png
    DA32AFB2-142D-40F7-BA5A-B4DCD5231AE3.png
    588.3 KB · Views: 24
Back