Unconventional way of training my fu-manchu to eat frozen

Dr4gula.f32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, I have no idea what I am doing.

I got this guy about 6 months ago and he is great. Aside from being daylight shy that is. For the first 3 months or so I never saw it eat one time. It never came out during the day. I'd just toss some ghosties in there and they'd slowly disappear.

Well now I just toss some live guppies in the tank during the day. This gets is attention pretty quickly. So now that he's out, looking around, waiting for one to come close by...I take my 2 foot long turkey baster and suck up one of the guppies!!! The tube is crystal clear, so the guppy can be easily seen. I put the tube near him and you can see he follows the guppy down the tube as I squeeze the bulb. As the guppy emerges from the tube...GULP!

So this is where I'm at now. When he sees the tube, he gets excited like it's time to eat, and comes out. My next steps are to start direct feeding him some frozen with it, and see how he takes it.

Thoughts?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just make sure he gets a diet low in thiaminese and with the proper fats. Check out some of my threads on nutrition for lions. The fu manchu especially, dies not do well long term on a dead only diet.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back