Clown Goby Eating

bensoo00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently got a new clown goby and he is about 2-ish inches big. He eats not much of the mysis that I feed the tank but whenever the nori clip soaked in seldom gets dropped he eats from it just as much as my yellow tang does. Is this ok? I was considering easymasstick food but it’s a bit expensive so I have this tube that goes to a feeding dish that I’m going to try and get the clown goby to eat from.

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently got a new clown goby and he is about 2-ish inches big. He eats not much of the mysis that I feed the tank but whenever the nori clip soaked in seldom gets dropped he eats from it just as much as my yellow tang does. Is this ok? I was considering easymasstick food but it’s a bit expensive so I have this tube that goes to a feeding dish that I’m going to try and get the clown goby to eat from.
Clown gobies can be picky eaters especially when first introduced. A nasty secret most don't talk about is a ton of clown gobies die on hunger strikes. I'd feed it whatever it's eating and hopefully it comes around over time to other foods.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 2 inch clown goby, are you sure? lol

clown gobies are picky eaters at first until they get acclimated. Copepods and baby brine shrimp are the go-to foods to get them eating. Once they are eating, they will usually will accept other foods.

OP
OP
bensoo00

bensoo00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 2 inch clown goby, are you sure? lol

clown gobies are picky eaters at first until they get acclimated. Copepods and baby brine shrimp are the go-to foods to get them eating. Once they are eating, they will usually will accept other foods.
Yeah it’s a citron clown goby it could be a little smaller but 2 inch looks to be the closest length of it

OP
OP
bensoo00

bensoo00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown gobies can be picky eaters especially when first introduced. A nasty secret most don't talk about is a ton of clown gobies die on hunger strikes. I'd feed it whatever it's eating and hopefully it comes around over time to other foods.
Yeah I’ve read about the hunger strikes, I’ll just continue feeding what I have and see if he gets too starved or not, he is still plump and no sunken stomach so I want to be proactive knowing what they can do

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I’ve read about the hunger strikes, I’ll just continue feeding what I have and see if he gets too starved or not, he is still plump and no sunken stomach so I want to be proactive knowing what they can do
If it doesn't make it, clown gobies are one of my biggest "if it's not eating whatever the fish store is feeding aggressively I'm not buying it" fish.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back