Yellow clown Goby (gobiodon okinawe)

  • Thread starter Thread starter jackbc19
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jackbc19

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 24, 2025
Messages
21
Reaction score
6
Location
England
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I’ve had my clown goby about a month now. He eats fine, acts fine and seems completely fine apart from the fact he is always ‘colourless’ or almost ‘transparent’ it’s worse when the lights come on and at first I thought eh maybe he’s just adjusting to lighting and he’ll come back to colour soon but a month later i’m starting to wonder if the colour will come back?

I have a 20g AIO with 2 clowns and a neon goby along with the clown. There is no sign of bullying they all seem to get along. All my corals are thriving too (Hammers, candy cane, zoa, gsp)

If there’s anyone who can enlighten me in this goby that would be great as chatgpt just goes round in circles.

(Hard to take a picture he ledges in rocks and you cant see him bcos of his colour lol)
 
This is the best picture I can get. I can literally see inside him. Transparent… eats frozen food fine but eats a bit the goes back to cave, comes out and eats then back to cave. He certainly doesn’t eat like the clowns do which I thought was normal.

I feed cyclops, copepods with garlic and marine mix. Live copepods and brine shrimp too every so often.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2782.jpeg
    IMG_2782.jpeg
    182.3 KB · Views: 41
When I had clown gobies they were pretty cryptic. They mostly hid in the rockwork or SPS and only came out occasionally to eat.
Yeah which I expected as I researched beforehand it’s just the colour of him, seems strange to me because all the lfs ones are bright yellow and he doesn’t look yellow at all.
 
This is the best picture I can get. I can literally see inside him. Transparent… eats frozen food fine but eats a bit the goes back to cave, comes out and eats then back to cave. He certainly doesn’t eat like the clowns do which I thought was normal.

I feed cyclops, copepods with garlic and marine mix. Live copepods and brine shrimp too every so often.

I agree, it’s a little pale, but still within the range I’ve seen for captive fish. I can’t tell from the photo - is its belly full and not sunken?

Multiple feedings each day are important for these smaller fish. Red cyclops might help with color enhancement. Avoid frozen brine shrimp.
 
I agree, it’s a little pale, but still within the range I’ve seen for captive fish. I can’t tell from the photo - is its belly full and not sunken?

Multiple feedings each day are important for these smaller fish. Red cyclops might help with color enhancement. Avoid frozen brine shrimp.
I’ll try red cyclops and multiple feedings, thanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new