8 gallon AIO - Gangpike

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 31, 2020
Messages
39,312
Reaction score
40,121
Location
Dundee, MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All,

Just a heads up - Amazon has an 8 gallon AIO tank with light, protein skimmer, filter media, pump and lid for $89.95! I bought one, it shows that there are still eight left. The regular price on eBay and direct from the manufacturer seems to run $140 to $170. I haven't set it up yet, but I unpacked it and everything seems in order. I did find a tiny glass chip inside the box, but can't find where the chip might have come from. The silicone is a bit messy. I did see some reports that people had issues with these leaking (a few years ago). I also saw a report that some tanks didn't have the protein skimmer, but mine did.

The skimmer included is a miniQ that sells on Amazon for $79.95!

Here is the link to the manufacturer's site (Amazon links don't often work here, so you'll have to look it up there).

https://gankpike.com/product/gankpi...light-and-pump-black-premium-all-in-one-kits/
 
Last edited:
Interesting design! They seem to specialize in drape formed low-iron glass radiuses, which are inherently tempered!

This said, I’d be curious to see where this glass chip came from! — the bottom pane may or may not be tempered, the rear pane is the most likely culprit…

How thick would you say the bottom pane is? A quick glance at a glass thickness calculator says >=5mm would be preferable!
 
I clicked the link and it says $159 with four left in stock. I think you tipped them off 🤣 🙃 🤪
 
I clicked the link and it says $159 with four left in stock. I think you tipped them off 🤣 🙃 🤪
I think Jay may have gotten his from Amazing. I checked there but I couldn't get it to come up in a search using quite a few different words for the searches.
 
I think Jay may have gotten his from Amazing. I checked there but I couldn't get it to come up in a search using quite a few different words for the searches.
Ah, I did miss where he said Amazon 🤪
 
I clicked the link and it says $159 with four left in stock. I think you tipped them off 🤣 🙃 🤪

No - that’s the dealer link. Amazon still has them at $89.95, I just can’t link to Amazon for some reason.
 
Interesting design! They seem to specialize in drape formed low-iron glass radiuses, which are inherently tempered!

This said, I’d be curious to see where this glass chip came from! — the bottom pane may or may not be tempered, the rear pane is the most likely culprit…

How thick would you say the bottom pane is? A quick glance at a glass thickness calculator says >=5mm would be preferable!

I looked all over, no chip divot. I suspect the chip I found was from another tank.

I’m not sure how to tell the bottom thickness - no edge on view and I don’t have a micrometer.
 
Yep - that’s the one!

I bought it on impulse since it was so cheap. Now I have to figure out where to put it and what to put in it (grin).

I think I’ll document it as a tank build…..
I think it would be great if you started a build thread for this tank!

What are you thinking? I have been thinking about a small tank like this for some RFA’s and Sexy Shrimp I thought would be cool.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new