Yellow Clown Goby (Gobiodon Okinawae) feeding

  • Thread starter Thread starter jackbc19
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jackbc19

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 24, 2025
Messages
21
Reaction score
6
Location
England
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Just wondering what other people are feeding their clown goby? I try mix ‘marine mix’ and ‘mysis shrimp’ leaning towards once every 2 days but was told I need to feed him multiple times a day? Wondering everyones thoughts on that and what they do. Thanks.
 
I feed my clown gobies 3 times a day. I feel once every 2 days is not enough, even once a day is not enough for this particular fish IMO
 
I feed my clown gobies 3 times a day. I feel once every 2 days is not enough, even once a day is not enough for this particular fish IMO
Yea I’ve heard that a lot. Makes sense as they eat small amounts but frequently? A video I saw of one the guy said he just does mysis every 2 days and the goby seemed great. Very colourful.
 
Yea I’ve heard that a lot. Makes sense as they eat small amounts but frequently? A video I saw of one the guy said he just does mysis every 2 days and the goby seemed great. Very colourful.
these fish have faster metabolisms.
 
I've had my green clown goby for 15 years now. For a few years he got some frozen food (Saltwater Multi-Pack from San Francisco Bay brand) but for the past few years he's just been eating flakes. I've used Tetra Color and OSI Marine Flakes with fine results.

I feed the tank every 2 days, but he's in a 90 gallon with just a pair of ocellaris clowns. He could be foraging for all I know. For the first 4 years he was in a fully-stocked 29 gallon though. Then a fully-stocked 55 gallon for another two years.

Clown gobies are fantastic! I'm shocked they live so long.
 
I've had my green clown goby for 15 years now. For a few years he got some frozen food (Saltwater Multi-Pack from San Francisco Bay brand) but for the past few years he's just been eating flakes. I've used Tetra Color and OSI Marine Flakes with fine results.

I feed the tank every 2 days, but he's in a 90 gallon with just a pair of ocellaris clowns. He could be foraging for all I know. For the first 4 years he was in a fully-stocked 29 gallon though. Then a fully-stocked 55 gallon for another two years.

Clown gobies are fantastic!
Ah interesting. How’s the colour on him? I’ve got a montipora digi on the way for mine so hopefully he feels more at home when it arrives!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new