underwater camera for snorkeling and diving?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fatmike92
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fatmike92

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
4,888
Reaction score
4,487
Location
Columbus, ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys and gals!

im going on my honeymoon next September and there is tons of snorkeling to do off the beach! i plan on doing some diving and a night dive also.

I would like to have an underwater camera to take with me to take tons of pictures underwater! does anyone have any suggestions?
 
I have a Panasonic DMC TS-4. I wouldn't say its an underwater camera but an all-around outdoor camera. It's waterproof to 40ft (I think), shock proof (from 6ft), freeze proof (to negative ?), dust proof etc. It takes pretty decent pics in many scenarios. I've used it many conditions and has performed well in all.

I use it to take pics in my tank. I also do a lot of saltwater fishing. I always have it with me. Give it a little freshwater rinse when I get home an all is well.

There's a newer version out (TS-5). Not sure the difference but I'm sure there are some upgrades.

It takes good pics on dry land too. Hope that helps.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new