Unhealthy Duncan?

Joel S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all

Newer to saltwater, and pickup up first corals in the last couple weeks. So far torch, GSP and acan frag all doing well -

picked up a Duncan frag yesterday, and noticed the stalk? Of the Duncan was slimy and kinda brown when I went to dip and put it in the tank. It seems pretty happy at the moment, full polyp extension. I’m worried it’s some kind of brown slime that is going to spread to my very healthy torch… any advice would be appreciated!

image.jpg image.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Moderate light and water flow. Feed 2-3x per week- mysis shrimp and salinity 1.025

OP
OP
J

Joel S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moderate light and water flow. Feed 2-3x per week- mysis shrimp and salinity 1.025
Thanks! I’ve got it in those zones, lower third of tank, moderate flow. It is closer to the centre of the tank so lighting may cause me to move it but lights are set pretty low right now. Salinity is spot on, feeding will start tonight.
I guess my concern is the stalk…. Is it normally slimy? Possibly just a stress response from transport?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks! I’ve got it in those zones, lower third of tank, moderate flow. It is closer to the centre of the tank so lighting may cause me to move it but lights are set pretty low right now. Salinity is spot on, feeding will start tonight.
I guess my concern is the stalk…. Is it normally slimy? Possibly just a stress response from transport?
Mine are semi-slimy

Gedxin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Duncan was super angry and slimy after I handled him and placed in tank. Perked right up after a day or two though.

Back