unhealthy zoanthid questions?

Switzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small group of green zoanthids that isn't doing to well. I had a high nitrate issue that I got undercontrol about a month ago. Everything has come around except this one group of about 20-25 polyps.The polyps are opened, but they don't have any of their lashes extended. My question is where is the best place to put it to try and get it back to normal. Alot of light or low light? what kind of flow?...etc. It's a 40 gallon breeder 120w led light.

Planedoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where were they before the spike and were they healthy. I personally hate to move things around drastically unless I know it's for a good reason. Say you add something healthy to the top of your tank and it starts bleaching, than you would lower it and maybe provide shade. If a coral was doing fine before a spike in anything than it should do fine in the same spot after the problem is solved. If you do decide to move them, make small changes. Zoas can take a long time to get back to normal. As long as their condition is not getting worse I would be very careful about changing anything

Tapatalk on Galaxy S3

OP
OP
S

Switzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok that makes sense. They aren't getting worse so I will just leave them where they are. I have been moving them around a lot, expecting them to bounce back quickly, so that probably wasn't helping them either. Thank you for your help I appreciate it :)

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they were doing fine before the spike at that spot you can just leave them there. They will go back after a few months.

808jaymakoa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if this will help you but a couple weeks ago I had a fish bothering the hell out of my palys and all the tenticles were gone on them. Just the dish. Only in the last couple days have the tenticles started to come back.

OP
OP
S

Switzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i will keep and eye out for fish pestering them. I only have 2 clowns ( dawin , and a snowflake), a blenny, and a dottyback. I have never seen any of them bother corals, but i will keep a closer eye out for them. I think i am just being impatient. Thanks again for all the help!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 171 73.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 41 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back