Union and Valve PARTS?

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is there someplace to get just individual PIECES of a union or a valve? Specifically the parts that glue to the PVC pipes. I want to reconfigure some plumbing involving unions and valves, but it seems dumb to buy an entire new piece when most of the pieces are still good and can be reused.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there someplace to get just individual PIECES of a union or a valve? Specifically the parts that glue to the PVC pipes. I want to reconfigure some plumbing involving unions and valves, but it seems dumb to buy an entire new piece when most of the pieces are still good and can be reused.
Nope. Easiest way if you want to save the unions or valves is to cut them an inch above and below then glue a coupler on each end so you can reuse it. It may not work for tight scenarios but will be usable again for new plumbing.

OP
OP
dangles

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nope. Easiest way if you want to save the unions or valves is to cut them an inch above and below then glue a coupler on each end so you can reuse it. It may not work for tight scenarios but will be usable again for new plumbing.

Well that's disappointing! You'd think there would be a pretty big market from people screwing up installs! lol

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you buy name brand valves like Cepex, then there are replacement slip connectors that are available.

OP
OP
dangles

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you buy name brand valves like Cepex, then there are replacement slip connectors that are available.

YES thank you this is what I was looking for. I KNEW I had seem them at BRS before but I couldn't for the life of me find them again. Thanks!

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YES thank you this is what I was looking for. I KNEW I had seem them at BRS before but I couldn't for the life of me find them again. Thanks!
Hopefully you have cepex brand and not GF or Spears!
These also only work for valves and not unions.

And fwiw i had to buy new unions a while back and they had redesigned the size of the collar and the new half wouldnt thread to the old half. Same brand & same schedule.
:disappointed-face:

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Different brands do not always thread to other brands, because of thread and mating surfaces being different for different manufacturers.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 134 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%

Back