Unique Animals for Small Tanks

  • Thread starter Thread starter tdileo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2017
Messages
2,048
Reaction score
1,681
Location
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking for animals for a desktop tank sized tank, I’ll do something in the 10-30G range depending on what animal I end up going with. My only rule is that it cannot need live insects as a food source. Did it for many years with frogs and leopard geckos and I’m so over it lol. Here are some thoughts I’ve had so far.
- frogfish (kinda expensive)
- vampire crabs (hard to find)
- dragonface pipefish
- crayfish (freshwater lobster)
- moon crab
- ghost crab
- dwarf frogs or clawed frog
 
Yellow Squat lobster (a crab),
4" bright white and fully black harlequin serpent starfish,
Blood red fire shrimp,
Porcelain crab,
Nano gobies,
Easy red or blue plating photosynthetic sponges,
Randall's pistol shrimp and goby pair from Divers Den.

Hmmm, last thing I need is another tank, even a small one.
 
Coral crouchers or frogfish are the best .

Mantis shrimp are another cool option in a smallish tank
 
Coral crouchers or frogfish are the best .

Mantis shrimp are another cool option in a smallish tank

I like frogfish a lot but they seem to be pretty expensive so I’d rather not, this tank is just supposed to be a smaller project to add something to my bedroom since I upgraded tanks and have the new one downstairs now. Mantis is a possibility but I’d like to keep other fish or inverts in there as well and I don’t know if that would be safe lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new