Uniseal leaking

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setup a 32 gallon brute trash can to store RODI water. We installed a 1” uniseal with pipe and ball valve. Whenever the trash can gets more than half full with water the uniseal starts leaking at the bottom of the seal. We even tried caulking over it, but either the caulk wasn’t thick enough or we didn’t let it dry along enough because it just poked right through. We let the caulk dry for 2 hours which is what it said on the tube. Anyone have any ideas to stop the leak?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like the hole drilled into the Brute was slightly oval in shape. The uniseal needs a tight fit and a nice perfectly round hole to work properly. I'd put a patch over the hole, plug, etc. and drill a new hole. What kind of bit did you use?

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not going to seal on the outside of the uniseal. You need to seal on the inside of the container. You have to different materials plastic and rubber. Silicone could work but an an epoxy would be best. The container is deforming when it is getting half full so it is letting water leak.

me & my baby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried uniseals on those trash can and had the same issue . From what I was told it was because the thickness of the trash can is so thin the uniseal didn't have enough to make a good seal. Replace it with a bulk head and you will not have anymore problems

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back