United Kingdom R2R members I need your input!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We have a really big group of members and visitors that are from the UK and I'm wanting to tailor R2R more to fit your needs more! Would you help me by answering some questions?

1. Would you be interested in just seeing advertising ads from just sponsors in the UK and the ones that ship to the UK?

2. Would you be interested in just seeing threads, on the recent sponsors threads, from those sponsors who are in the UK or ship to the UK?

3. What are your favorite UK based reefing companies or companies that ship to the UK that you shop with?

Thank you!

ShadowMan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Definitely
2. Definitely
3. I've actually had success with ordering to the UK from Amazon US, (eg CurrentUSA, Tunze), as the US seems to have better deals and pricing for reefing hardware... shame really. But UK based, I mostly use Charthouse Aquatics, KrakenCorals and for all things Neptune, I tend to use Advanced Aquarium Consultancy (this is who Neptune US redirect to anyway for RMAs)

I've also used SwellUK, AllPondSolutions and FinerFilters for various hardware bits (pumps, wavemaker, RO systems, etc).

For livestock - I tend to use my LFS, Cellar Marine Aquatics and Marine World Aquatics (PrestigeReef and KrakenCorals for corals)

Last edited:

jim_fitz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 & 2 if there could be some focus on the UK or Uk delivering ones, but i wouldnt want to miss out on what you have over there

3 in the North West we have Burscough Aquatics
Only a slightly different tact we also have Ultramarine Magazine (im on the front cover this issue)

KarlsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I don't mind seeing the USA ads and sponsors as it keeps us informed of what's coming in the next 6 months as we seem behind on most things but certainly would love to see more UK companies on board. Charterhouse, Kraken, Complete Aquatics, Prestige Reef, then the main UK stores would probably be Maidenhead Aquatics/Reefkeeper but they seem to differ on quality from store to store. Some great local stores to me in the Midlands are Tee's Reef, Marine Aquatics, KCR aquatics and Shirley Aquatics (the later being a mix of freshwater, marine, koi n reptile so not fully focused on reef)

Great to see the intent to give us Brits some love. Cheers

Kennya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Definitely
2. Definitely
3. Would be good to know companies outside of UK that will ship here.

DeanB.reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes to all three! It’s still nice seeing stuff from the US as we usually get it a couple months later anywho. I’d say 90% of what I know, watch and read comes from the US so the market across the pond is defiantly more mature

Kennya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ShadowMan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes to all three! It’s still nice seeing stuff from the US as we usually get it a couple months later anywho. I’d say 90% of what I know, watch and read comes from the US so the market across the pond is defiantly more mature
I'd tend to agree with you on the US having a more substantial reef market, as that's actually what got me into this exciting world in the first place, BRStv and the like really showcase a lot of the fundamentals and some of the kit (and pricing) is much better!

abitsalty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Reef Lounge Aquatics, Charterhouse Aquatics, Swell, Wharf Aquatics
After reading Coral magazine, i would agree with ShadowMan "'i tend to agree with you on the US having a more substantial reef market, BRStv and the like really showcase a lot of the fundamentals and some of the kit (and pricing) is much better!"

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Would you be interested in just seeing advertising ads from just sponsors in the UK and the ones that ship to the UK?
Yes
2. Would you be interested in just seeing threads, on the recent sponsors threads, from those sponsors who are in the UK or ship to the UK?
Yes
3. What are your favorite UK based reefing companies or companies that ship to the UK that you shop with?
Cellarmarinestore / charterhouse aquatics

dlaird76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. I would like to see adverts from both the UK & USA. It allows me to see what's possibility coming over here and what you guys have available.

2. If I understand your question properly. No I wouldn't "JUST" like to see UK sponsor threads. Again I'd like to see what's available to everyone on both sides of the pond. Unless you mean a separate thread for both then Yes that would be a good idea.

3. Charterhouse, H2O Aquatics, AAC, Osmotic. Would be great to know which companies are willing to ship to the UK. Wish we had a BRS/Marine Depo here in the UK but I suppose it comes down to economy of scale.

Reef_Frank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Charterhouse aquatics is great, Advanced Aquarium Consultancy has a great shop

It's great seeing stuff from the US but a specific area with stuff from the UK would be great

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back