Unknown hitchhiker

poppys_reef1409

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have had loads of tiny things on my glass for a week or so now. Some of them look like spiders and others only have 2 ‘legs’. They are easily removable with a scraper.

Last night I noticed something in my Zoa frag that I thought looked like aiptasia. However this morning it has completely disappeared and there is nothing at all there where it was.

I have soft corals in my tank which I introduced about 2/3 weeks ago and I’m really concerned it’s aiptasia.

Please can someone help identify it? And hopefully tell me it’s not aiptasia 😂🤞

Thanks in advance






IMG_4489.jpeg
IMG_4429.jpeg
IMG_4302.jpeg
IMG_4489.jpeg
IMG_4429.jpeg





IMG_4302.jpeg
 
What is on your zoa looks like aiptasia
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new