Unknown Hitchhiker

HugoRR

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 29, 2017
Messages
13
Reaction score
4
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, that thing came out of my live rock but I want to know if its a good hitchhiker or not so if anyone knows please help, thanks. Sorry for the bad quality pics.

file.png file1.png
 
Sorry for the bad quality pics
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef, HugoRR!

From these photos, I can't tell whether it's a worm or an arthropod, and whether the up end is the head or tail of this critter. (I guess I literally can't make heads or tails of it!)

Renee (who's already been paged) is remarkable with these guys though, and may be able to suss it out.

~Bruce, who kinda wants to find out what it is . . .
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef, HugoRR!

From these photos, I can't tell whether it's a worm or an arthropod, and whether the up end is the head or tail of this critter. (I guess I literally can't make heads or tails of it!)

Renee (who's already been paged) is remarkable with these guys though, and may be able to suss it out.

~Bruce, who kinda wants to find out what it is . . .
Thanks and to be honest I don't this it's a worm, it has little legs and I think it may be a mantis shrimp I'm not sure tho.
 
It's a little long and thin to be a mantis. Tanaids are often mistaken for mantis shrimp. Especially with their funky positioned large claws. I'm pretty sure that's what it is.
 
Last edited:
Can chance for more pictures? From the side possibly?
 
Actually, I have a picture in my folder on another computer. I'll go find it and put it up so you can have a peek. That might be easier.
 
Actually, I have a picture in my folder on another computer. I'll go find it and put it up so you can have a peek. That might be easier.
Alright, Thanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new