"Unknown Pink Zoa"

tstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

We just got this guy at Reef Gallery in Zelieniople, PA a few days ago. The owner gave it to us since we drove almost three hours to get to his store. I know... pretty dang awesome of him and he's made life long customers too!!

Anyway, he called it an "Unknown Pink" which I'm going to go out on a limb and say that is probably not the real name! Not the greatest picture I'm sure but any help would be great!!!!

DSC04512.JPG

Tim

Last edited:
OP
OP
tstar

tstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it can fruit basket... It could be Moldy Hotdog too for all I know! lol

I'm new at this and if my question was out of line I apologize. I ASSumed all these Zoas were named... Honestly it doesn't look too pink to me. It does fluoresce more pinkish under blues only though...

Tim

DibsOnMcRibs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it can fruit basket... It could be Moldy Hotdog too for all I know! lol

I'm new at this and if my question was out of line I apologize. I ASSumed all these Zoas were named... Honestly it doesn't look too pink to me. It does fluoresce more pinkish under blues only though...

Tim
You definitely weren’t out of line. Buying unnamed zoas is great. It means you get something you enjoy at half the cost. I don’t typically start searching for a name until I want to sell something

kevinl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tim
I took a couple pic's of some frags I made of the same zoa in question, maybe someone can help you with a name.
Most zoa's in my experience look better in more blue lighting.
If I remember right you was the one that seen my photo of my zoa tank, If not I can post a pic of that as well.
Thanks for the kind words! And look forward to seeing you again!

OP
OP
tstar

tstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Kevin!!!

Yes I had seen your Zoa tank while researching, it's actually what got me interested in them! Agreed, the zoa does look spectacular under blues so does that Bam Bam!!! It's insane!!!... So far everything we bought from you is doing fantastic, super clean and from what I've seen from online sellers you sell really big frags too! We'll most definitely be back soon...

How are you guys getting such nice shots? The blues are blowing out my phone camera of course. I do have an old Sony Alpha 100 DSLR and an array of Cokin filters, my sunset filter (graduating shades of orange) does a somewhat OK job. I'm thinking of ordering a yellow. I'm after realism not hyper exaggerated coloring. My pic above was with the Sony and a flash...

See you soon!

Tim

William Mumford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Kevin!!!

Yes I had seen your Zoa tank while researching, it's actually what got me interested in them! Agreed, the zoa does look spectacular under blues so does that Bam Bam!!! It's insane!!!... So far everything we bought from you is doing fantastic, super clean and from what I've seen from online sellers you sell really big frags too! We'll most definitely be back soon...

How are you guys getting such nice shots? The blues are blowing out my phone camera of course. I do have an old Sony Alpha 100 DSLR and an array of Cokin filters, my sunset filter (graduating shades of orange) does a somewhat OK job. I'm thinking of ordering a yellow. I'm after realism not hyper exaggerated coloring. My pic above was with the Sony and a flash...

See you soon!

Tim

Polyplab lens clips work great.

kevinl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got back from the store, I took the zoa name list in and Jaime matched them up.
These ones I gave you are Nirvana's, They were not the same pink ones I had on display. (sorry)
I'll probably have much more in zoas on your next trip!
As far as pic taking, I use a Nikon D850 dslr, 105 macro lense.
You can not use flash, that will washout all coral shots.
If slow shutter is problem, shut down water movement and use tripod.
My phone does pretty good using one of their preinstalled filters, it's called two tone.
Here's a phone pic, really pretty spot on, some greens can get a little off.

OP
OP
tstar

tstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't messed with any of the built in digital filters on my phone... I'll try that. So you don't use any type of filter on the DSLR?? I knew the flash would wash the colors out but it also wiped out the blues so I could post a somewhat accurate pic.

I'll give you guys a shout before we head over again. I just promised Jaime a bottle or two of the Phyto we just brewed up...

Tim

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 29 50.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 30 52.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • None.

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.3%
Back