unknown?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JGoslee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JGoslee

Moderator
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2006
Messages
3,498
Reaction score
16
Location
Philadelphia, Pa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This just started growing on the back of one of my montipora's. I'm guessing it's an SPS but I'm not really sure.

unknown-2.jpg
 
Haha.......no worries. It's just a guess. It's still tiny so hard to tell for sure. But the fuzziness of the PE and the stubby branches just reminds me of a Stylo.
 
Hmm... why can't I get a cool hitchhiker like that.

All I get is aiptasia, hydroids and a couple of mean little crabs.
 
The reason I say its that species is becasue the polyps look like fiber optic cables. If it were a stylo the polyps would be a little bigger. Thats cool when things grow back from being dormant.
 
i can't see the pic b/c i'm at work, but i'd have to go with pocillopora b/c they are known for spawning in captivity (or polyp bail out).
 
This coral came on the backside of a tyree pink polyp cap frag that I got from Maximus on RC. I emailed Maximus and sent him the pic and he thinks its a birdsnest. He even knew what frag it was on. So is it birdsnest?
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 23.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new