Unlabeled frag ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter commod0re
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

commod0re

that one guy
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2025
Messages
1,231
Reaction score
1,833
Location
Bothell, WA
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heya folks, I picked up this cute little pink ring paly/zoa from an LFS and the guy wasn’t sure whether it was a paly or a zoa (and therefore had no other info for me)

Can anyone help me with an ID? I haven’t been able to find it on my own. Here are some pictures taken under blue light with an orange filter:

IMG_9068.jpeg
IMG_9069.jpeg
IMG_9070.jpeg
 
Heya folks, I picked up this cute little pink ring paly/zoa from an LFS and the guy wasn’t sure whether it was a paly or a zoa (and therefore had no other info for me)

Can anyone help me with an ID? I haven’t been able to find it on my own. Here are some pictures taken under blue light with an orange filter:

IMG_9068.jpeg
IMG_9069.jpeg
IMG_9070.jpeg
They look like Armor of God.
https://zoanthids.com/blogs/news/zoanthid-identification^ Fun little link.
 
Trade name doesn't matter really; devil's armor, armor of God--they're both within variation of each other. The species is Z. vietnamensis though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new