UNS R120 Build

Mr.BobDobalina

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 31, 2026
Messages
31
Reaction score
42
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jumping back into the hobby after 22 years off. Decided the go with the UNS R120 and it is absolutely stunning and well planned. Will be a slow go as I build intentionally. Starting with 100 lbs of base rock from TBS, 20 lbs live sand and some sludge for the cryptic refugium alongside a regular chaeto fuge. Will add another 100 lbs of premium rock from TBS after the cycle. Plan to have a 3" sandbed in the tank, not for denitrification, but for the sifters.

Equipment:
Sicce 7.0 pump
Orbit 4
2 X Etherial 8
Helio dual heater 2 X 350W
Apex controller with energy bar, MXM and DOS.
Deltect 400i skimmer
6880f851-64d0-4688-8527-8c3d77c533c9.jpg


774d89ca-4b48-4685-867d-e23b191e7eb7.jpg


42540ee5-c6a7-45e5-8bf9-9eb60bb7a655.jpg


9eb80f16-a0b0-4910-9f78-04b883e55b4b.jpg
 
That's a great system; good luck with your build!
 
That's a great system; good luck with your build!
Thank you. I am so beyind excited its ridiculous. Starting from scratch and wanting to dive back in headfirst is hard to balance.
 
When the time comes to add softies/LPS, how many frags can be added responsibly at one time in a 94 gallon display? I see so many different answers when I search. I am ok with low and slow
 
When the time comes to add softies/LPS, how many frags can be added responsibly at one time in a 94 gallon display? I see so many different answers when I search. I am ok with low and slow
I don't believe there's a limit when just adding corals. The coral frags don't produce nearly as much ammonia as an animal like a fish, and the corals can actually uptake and use ammonia directly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new