Unusual behavior

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hunter399
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Hunter399

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2017
Messages
86
Reaction score
15
Location
Salt Lake City, Utah
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8E14E221-0BA5-4568-A80A-B18BEE0255D3.jpeg
I added two clowns to my established tank last week and for a week the have been swimming up and down the corner of my tank and only leave to be feed. And when I mean leave they swim about an inch away that’s it. Is it because they are new or fairly young?
 
It's probably because they have chosen there territory. Well at least maybe temporary.
But it's normal.

They choose a host. Sometimes it's a corner, other is a power head or overflow box. You know whatever works for them at the time.
 
Last edited:
It's because they're clowns and clowns are wierd...lol! As suggested, it appears they've chosen that corner as their host, at least for now.
 
Should I try moving them? I mean that is the exact location where I added them. Stressed me out a couple days because they mimic that look of looking for air we all worry about. What’s odd is how fast and active they are swimming to the bottom and then top.
 
Don't freak when you see them swim upside down and on their side when they first wake up.
 
First couple days all my other fish kept thinking I was feeding because if it ha ha.
 
You can try moving them but bets are they are going too go right back.
 
Ok thanks guys, I will wait it out and see what happens. Just wanted to make sure they were not stressed or something.
 
Should I try the tube technique in a couple weeks for my Anenome. My Anenome is so small I didn’t really think about it.
 
Perfectly normal behaviour for them to stick to the corner of the tank. Once your Nem has grown a bit they should move but I'd leave them be for now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new