unusual clownfish sicknesss!!! plz help

  • Thread starter Thread starter myclang
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

myclang

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
168
Reaction score
27
Location
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I've got my tank up and running. 54 gallon corner bowfront. has 50 lbs live rock, 50 lbs live sand. currently 0 ammonia, 0 nitrates, 0 nitrites. I purchased about 10 turbo snails and a captive bred oscelaris clown. Clown was fine up until a couple days ago I noticed what looked like a white pimple under his chin with a small red spot in the middle. The fiance and I looked at it and did some googling. It looked like he may have bumped it on something in the tank. He also has this white string thing coming from his belly. I don't think it's worms but, everything I've read says it may be his extra bacteria coming off. He's deep in the tank sitting up and down, and looks like he's breathing deep. I don't have a hospital tank and fear he's too far gone to treat. I don't know if there's anything I can even treat the tank with due to the live rock, sand, and snails, or if he does pass away if any new fish that are entered into the tank will become reinfected.

Any help would greatly be appreciated!!


MIKE
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new