Or 300 regal octopus

The only reason I’m asking is the bubble magus is almost $350 less

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubble has a curve 9 elite + which has a sicce psk 2600 pump so probably a better option than the D11 rated for your size tank and is still cheaper than RO

Dobbs1101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you looked into UltraReef Skimmers? Not very well known in the USA, built like no other, super heavy duty. It comes from Italy and the best skimmer I've ever seen. Very popular overseas. 2cents

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So go with octopus?
Twice the money
Like I said you’re asking for opinions and IMO the Regal 300 is much better skimmer and that’s a great price just curious where did you find it at that price ? Heck im thinking about grabbing one too lol

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update I went with the regal.
Can’t wait to put it in on Tuesday
Good man! Share some pictures and your opinion once it's up and running! I have a regal 150 and it's a workhorse!!

1000001851.jpg

bobnicaragua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had the regal 150 for going on 4 years. It’s by far the best skimmer I’ve ever had.

I’ve run Bubble Magus in the past, but can’t tell you which model.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Run your old one with your new one. They will both pull skim.

When Bubble King came out years ago with the Red Dragon NW pumps, there was little doubt that they were better than most skimmers on the market... at 10x the price. Few could afford these, but if you ran a pair of run-of-the-mill good skimmers, like ASM, EuroReef or the early Reef Ocotpus with the Sicce pumps (better than the current ones), then you could outperform a Red Dragon skimmer still at less cost.

I run at least 3 skimmers on all of my tanks. Have an old EuroReef 12-2, LifeReef, Tunze and some Octo body with a Tunze Hydrofoamer pump on my reef. On one of my FOWLR I have a LifeReef, Tunze and RO with a Sicces PSK. They all pull a lot of gunk.

Even if they just pull the same amount, which is not likely, they gas exchange is double.

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Run your old one with your new one. They will both pull skim.

When Bubble King came out years ago with the Red Dragon NW pumps, there was little doubt that they were better than most skimmers on the market... at 10x the price. Few could afford these, but if you ran a pair of run-of-the-mill good skimmers, like ASM, EuroReef or the early Reef Ocotpus with the Sicce pumps (better than the current ones), then you could outperform a Red Dragon skimmer still at less cost.

I run at least 3 skimmers on all of my tanks. Have an old EuroReef 12-2, LifeReef, Tunze and some Octo body with a Tunze Hydrofoamer pump on my reef. On one of my FOWLR I have a LifeReef, Tunze and RO with a Sicces PSK. They all pull a lot of gunk.

Even if they just pull the same amount, which is not likely, they gas exchange is double.
I’m taking this approach on my new build running 2x 27” Lifereef skimmers. Hoping to get results that you’ve had!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 132 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back