Up to what temperature can to cycle rocks

Joe Batt

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 15, 2017
Messages
495
Reaction score
284
Location
Dubai
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A strange question....I have a good quantity of old 'used' rocks that are in a trash can cooking in the shade in my garden with just a pump circulating the water.

I live in a VERY hot climate and the water is at 36C / 97F (summer isn't even here yet :( ) . Will the cooking stall and the cycle stop because its too hot for the bacteria to survive?
 
A strange question....I have a good quantity of old 'used' rocks that are in a trash can cooking in the shade in my garden with just a pump circulating the water.

I live in a VERY hot climate and the water is at 36C / 97F (summer isn't even here yet :( ) . Will the cooking stall and the cycle stop because its too hot for the bacteria to survive?

What are you referring to with "cooking?"
 
Old rocks being cleaned and cycled of old pests etc for several months.
 
No it will still cycle. That’s not enough high range temp to kill bac and the scum that houses and insulates them from minor insults
 
I don't think the temperature will be an issue, as long as it doesn't get direct sun. :)
 
It's in the shade....direct sun and it would boil
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new