OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That's kinda what I figured. How long does it take to check out the whole show?

I would want to get there early, but I want to be there for the raffle too. :)
Looking at the map, if you go booth to booth and ask questions and take breaks, 3-4 hours generally. If youre buying coral, you want to get the good stuff, not leftovers and if purchasing, you can spend an easy 20-30 minutes viewing potential purchase

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure! Does anyone know what time the daily raffle is? I didn't plan on going, but my 13yo is actually excited about it so I might make the 2hr trek. :)
Hey Jesse! I work in Sarasota, live in Punta Gorda. Who are you using for your LFS? #fishneighbors

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Jesse Sunday

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Hey Jesse! I work in Sarasota, live in Punta Gorda. Who are you using for your LFS? #fishneighbors

Well, hi there! I work near 75 and Bee Ridge (Cattlemen and Colonial Oaks area), but I frequently go to lunch down on Clark, so I hit Seascape for fish and/or corals!

I live in the Sr70 and Lorraine area and recently found the Coral Zoo and love that place too!

How about you!?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going! First time and cannot wait. Any tips for first timer?
Bring a cooler if you plan on buying frags, or livestock, it'll make your life a lot easier. You'll have a blast looking at all the different vendors, and seeing what everyone has to show. Also, the raffle is fun to take part in if you want to potentially walk away with some big prizes

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, hi there! I work near 75 and Bee Ridge (Cattlemen and Colonial Oaks area), but I frequently go to lunch down on Clark, so I hit Seascape for fish and/or corals!

I live in the Sr70 and Lorraine area and recently found the Coral Zoo and love that place too!

How about you!?
Wow, we're close. I work off of Clark (industrial area behind Livingston's). I used to love Seascape but they have cut back on saltwater to the point that it's just frustrating. One of the partners at Coral Zoo used to own After the Ocean (COVID casualty). That guy is insane knowledgeable and passionate about the hobby. Maybe we'll catch up one day.

Ado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning to be there Saturday, 1 hour drive from Tampa. Would love to pick up some new SPS for display tank. However, my daughter is projected to be born on the 27th, so may not make this one. Up to the wife, playing it by year haha

MNSPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flying in on Friday from MN. Staying until Tuesday. Looking forward to checking out various types of LED lighting in person before buying. I rented a car to check out all the awesome aquarium stores in and around Orlando. Can’t wait!!! Here’s the stores on my list so far. Anyone have an other suggestions?

World Wide Corals
Top Shelf Aquatics
Living Reef
Sea in the City

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 132 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back