Updated AOS for New EL base unit and it failed. Base unit temp bricked...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already opened a support ticket for this, but hoping to get a quicker answer here. I'd prefer to not move my heaters to my DT for the day while I'm at work....

This morning I was making coffee and logged in to fusion (not local) from my phone. I noticed the triangle with ! and clicked on it. It said update your AOS. So I clicked OK. I should have known better.....but I figured they had worked out their firmware update issues if they are offering updates using fusion.

Apex EL Base unit. The new one with orange face plate.
Two old EB8s, the classic version.

The update took awhile but the progress bar eventually hit 100%. I went to check the tank and the base unit did not restart. The lights were flashing. I let it sit for about 10 minutes and still nothing.

I plugged my laptop directly to the base unit with an ethernet cable. This cause the base unit to start rebooting every 5 seconds. I unplugged the ethernet and the base unit went back to do nothing but flashing lights.

I tried disconnecting the eb8s and using an aux power supply for the base unit. Still not working.

I know that I will probably need to do a factory reset, which is very frustrating. Thankfully I have a somewhat recent backup config.

I'd like to get to work on time...but that's not looking good...

Any ideas on how I can get this working without a factory reset?

Thanks

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 136 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back