Updated Apex software - everything stopped working

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone, I updated my apex software last night to the latest software update and woke up this morning with al modules disconnected. Any advice? How can I revert back to last software version?

Reefer Matt

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone, I updated my apex software last night to the latest software update and woke up this morning with al modules disconnected. Any advice? How can I revert back to last software version?
Did you try resetting the Apex yet?

Reefer Matt

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think so. I reset the apex by unplugging power and plugging multiple times.

I tried disconnecting all modules and repowering as well. No dice.
If you haven't unplugged the eb832 energy bar and replugged in, that is the only other thing I can think of other than calling Neptune. Here is a thread with the same issue.
Thread 'EB832 Attempting to Communicate with Apex (Bootloader Mode)' https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/eb832-attempting-to-communicate-with-apex-bootloader-mode.811958/

OP
OP
mermaid_life

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven't unplugged the eb832 energy bar and replugged in, that is the only other thing I can think of other than calling Neptune. Here is a thread with the same issue.
Thread 'EB832 Attempting to Communicate with Apex (Bootloader Mode)' https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/eb832-attempting-to-communicate-with-apex-bootloader-mode.811958/
I appreciate the info. Yes, I did unplug/plug energy bar. That is what I meant by rebooting apex.

If there's a way to reboot apex base other than plugging/unplugging power/usb, please let me know!

My EB832 is slowly flashing orange... not the rapid flashing. I had that happen before and actually _AV fixed it for me =)

Reefer Matt

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the info. Yes, I did unplug/plug energy bar. That is what I meant by rebooting apex.

If there's a way to reboot apex base other than plugging/unplugging power/usb, please let me know!

My EB832 is slowly flashing orange... not the rapid flashing. I had that happen before and actually _AV fixed it for me =)
In Fusion, the Apex can be reset in the misc. menu. To get there, go to the top right of home screen in Fusion, tap the menu icon (three horizontal lines), tap the name of your Apex, then scroll down to "Misc. Setup". At the bottom of that is a checkbox to restart the apex. Check the box to restart.

OP
OP
mermaid_life

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In Fusion, the Apex can be reset in the misc. menu. To get there, go to the top right of home screen in Fusion, tap the menu icon (three horizontal lines), tap the name of your Apex, then scroll down to "Misc. Setup". At the bottom of that is a checkbox to restart the apex. Check the box to restart.
Ok just did that. Base went through entire power cycle green to orange and still same status on modules.

I sent out a message to neptune. Hopefully they get back to me fast! Appreciate your assistance thus far.

thefeds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine is behaving the same way. Apex Jr. updated software and now it will not connect to wifi despite all trouble shooting efforts. I contacted Neptune.

OP
OP
mermaid_life

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok i got a response from Neptune and my Apex is back online - and I found out that my AFS module is now broken. Pasting troubleshooting steps here for anyone who may need it in the future:

"It may be that one of the devices is causing the rest to disconnect.
We need to add modules to the Aquabus chain one at a time to isolate which device (if any) has caused this.

Start with your Apex Base Unit and EB832. Disconnect all the Aquabus (USB) cables from both of them except for the one linking them. Restart the Apex.
When you check the modules page, it should now show the EB832 as connected.
Choose the next module to plug into the Aquabus chain. Plug only it into an open port on the Base Unit or EB832. Make sure to not plug multiple modules in together from a daisy chain.
Refresh the Modules page and make sure that the newly connected module appears.
Continue doing this until everything is connected or you connect a device that causes the others to disconnect. That device would need to be replaced or repaired.

If the modules reconnects correctly, you will want to make sure it comes back at the address that has your previous programming.
If it doesn't, the Module Replacement Task will move it back."

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 71 30.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 65 28.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 49 21.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 45 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back