Updated (positive) feedback on chemistry

Treefer32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciated the feedback from this group on raising PH levels. It was so simple that I'm amazed by the results. I was using unbaked baking soda to dose alk. I've had to reduce my dosing regimen from 100 ml per day to 80 ml per day (and my alk is still rising, is stabilized at 10 dkh, but, will know if it's continuing to rise today. May have to reduce my dosing regimen.)

But, what I'm extremely happy with is 2 things. One, is my corals themselves, look amazing everything from my SPS to my huge toadstool. Everything is so much more vibrant, is open huge. My elegance I swear is getting bigger, opens bigger now with the higher PH and high alkalinity levels. Things seem amazingly happy with both increases.

My apex proves that switching to Baked baking soda helps with raising PH. My PH used to be at 7.9 as the low point and 8.1 as the high point. Now, my low point is 8.1 and high point is 8.23 as shown below. I haven't hit the magic 8.3. But, 8.23 should be close enough to facilitate LPS and SPS faster growth. Very impressed with the difference. I don't know if baking soda goes bad, but I found a bucket of baked baking soda from 4-5 years ago that I hadn't used and had baked myself in the oven. So, It was no work and no cost to switch to baked baking soda from unbaked baking soda and such a vast impact on the water quality!

1568665583216.png

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 55 31.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 46 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 36 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 37 21.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back