Updating aquascape in 6 month old tank

blalaw87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning!

I went with live rock when I set up my tank but did not buy nearly enough and was never a fan of my previous aquascape. I feel like I rushed and just wanted to get everything set up. Here is a before picture of my scape.

image4.jpeg

I looked around online some and talked to some folks at the LFS and ended up getting a box of 40lbs of Carbisea base rock. After talking to the folks at the local fish store I rinsed it off with some RODI water and plan to add a couple pieces at a time. I moved some items around and use a couple pieces of the base rock to start off with and wanted to get some advices on what direction to head in next or if anyone has any advice.

My plan is to bridge the center portion and leave it open area underneath that bridge as an open area. I don't think I need to build up anything on the left side since it is already about half way up the tank. On the right side I want to leave some of the islands and build it up a little bit more.

image3.jpeg
image0 (3).jpeg

Again thanks for the help! image1.jpeg

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the concept. I think we need a bit more height on the left side and maybe a rock or 2 more on the right.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back