Opinions on my aquascape

Ryrycosmo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I am currently looking to start adding some corals to my 20 gallon cube tank, but I am wondering if I should rearrange my aquascape first.

The bottom half of my aquascape mostly has shaded or vertical regions where it is making me second guess my design. I really like my cave, maybe I am just being too picky here?

Would love and appreciate to hear your guys options on this.

Ryan

20231118_111305.jpg 20231118_114727.jpg

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you like it? :) that's the most important thing at this stage..

Covered in coral, this will look nice and you have a few wee caves in there providing good habitat space for a couple of fish as well.

What's going in?

Upvote 0

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think about what corals you want, then where they will go on your scape…I like it but as above if you like it thats the most important thing, no point changing it to something you don’t like, you can make most scapes work.

Upvote 0

saltypepper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with everyone above. If you like it that is the most important thing because you will have to look at it every day and if you think one thing is off it is going to pick at you till you decide to change it.

Upvote 0

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. If you like it... then go for it. If you don't, then i would suggest making it the way you want. It's pretty easy to break up rocks and glue/paste them anyway you want. You have open canvas and small footprint to do anything you desire.

Upvote 0

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I would break up those 2 large rocks, and add a bit more rock, it looks kind of sparse right now. Just my opinion which doesn't matter.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ryrycosmo

Ryrycosmo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you like it? :) that's the most important thing at this stage..

Covered in coral, this will look nice and you have a few wee caves in there providing good habitat space for a couple of fish as well.

What's going in?
I mainly wanted to get some soft corals, mushrooms, and LPS. Mostly beginner corals and ones my peppermint shrimp will ignore haha. Got a mushroom yesterday

I ended up rearranging the rocks slightly to have more flat areas while keeping the cave intact. I also made room on the front so I can eventually put an island or two.

Attachments

• 20231119_120832.jpg
    20231119_120832.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 72
Upvote 0

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mainly wanted to get some soft corals, mushrooms, and LPS. Mostly beginner corals and ones my peppermint shrimp will ignore haha. Got a mushroom yesterday

I ended up rearranging the rocks slightly to have more flat areas while keeping the cave intact. I also made room on the front so I can eventually put an island or two.
Looking really good! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: It's a nice day when you get new corals, ended up spending a wee bit myself yesterday! It happens to the best of us...

Attachments

• 1000000925.jpg
    1000000925.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 62
Upvote 0

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed you have a lot of sand in there, if you are not adding a fish that needs a lot of sand, you could remove some, as keeping the sand clean would be easier.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ryrycosmo

Ryrycosmo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed you have a lot of sand in there, if you are not adding a fish that needs a lot of sand, you could remove some, as keeping the sand clean would be easier.
Good idea, it'll go up more when I add the island too. I want to get a yellow watchman goby and shrimp pair soon, but perhaps it's more than they need (~2inches/5cm)

Upvote 0

Ef4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I like the new scape, I like how that rock creates that overhang on the lower right side

Upvote 0

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

New scape looks great!

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back