• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Upgrade from 72 Bow to 125 Gallon Build

Glott3133

View Badges
Reaction score
I've decided to upgrade to a new 125 gallon reef ready tank. My current 72 gallon is ok for now, but eventually the corals will grow so large, there won't be much room for my fish to swim comfortably (excuse I gave my wife). I just wanted a new tank. My tank will arrive this Friday, so I thought I would try my hand at building my own stand. I liked the DIY videos for framing it, but I want it to be a little more decorative; which will be the challenge. I'm not a contractor, so don't be too hard on me. It is level and plumb:

IMG_1037.jpg
IMG_1038.jpg
IMG_1039.jpg

Once the tank is in, I will post more pics of plumbing and tank setup, then the moving of all my rock, coral, and fish.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Reeferstin

View Badges
Reaction score
I've decided to upgrade to a new 125 gallon reef ready tank. My current 72 gallon is ok for now, but eventually the corals will grow so large, there won't be much room for my fish to swim comfortably (excuse I gave my wife). I just wanted a new tank. My tank will arrive this Friday, so I thought I would try my hand at building my own stand. I liked the DIY videos for framing it, but I want it to be a little more decorative; which will be the challenge. I'm not a contractor, so don't be too hard on me. It is level and plumb:

IMG_1037.jpg
IMG_1038.jpg
IMG_1039.jpg

Once the tank is in, I will post more pics of plumbing and tank setup, then the moving of all my rock, coral, and fish.
Looks great man 100% solid, spray it with water proof paint or something to keep it dry for many many years

OP
Glott3133

Glott3133

View Badges
Reaction score

IMG_1037.jpg
IMG_1038.jpg
IMG_1039.jpg

Tank arrives this afternoon, so lots to do.

Best reef aquarium LED lighting
Best reef aquarium LED lighting

WIReefer

Taking it day by day
View Badges
Reaction score
looking fantastic! Very nice work on the stand

How vigilant are you when it comes to the TDS of your RODI water?

• It is VERY important to me

Votes: 336 62.6%
  • It is somewhat important to me

Votes: 160 29.8%
  • It is NOT important to me

Votes: 31 5.8%
  • Other (please explain in thread)

Votes: 10 1.9%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Build Your Dream Aquarium Automation System!