Upgrade lighting for Evo 13.5

adaniel1990

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I have been through the threads about upgrading lighting for an Evo 13.5 tank. My Evo is in my bedroom so I’m liking for a light that is quiet. I know some of the lights can be noisy with the fans. I’m looking for a light that I can attach to an arm. Not looking to spend $600 to $1000. All information is helpful. I also have a few soft corals and looking to add more in the future

butchhe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea reef led 50, or an AI prime
I have both...currently the AI Prime 16HD sitting over my Evo which is in my bedroom, so I can give you some honest feedback. Either will grow coral.

ReefLED 50:
The good: Nice light, quiet, very little light spillage due to the design
The bad: Quirky app, the mounting arm does not extend to the middle of the tank if you mount it on the back wall of the filtration area.

Prime 16HD:
The good: Also a nice light, individually controllable channels, easy app to navigate, several mounting arms (LED Tank Mount does center on length of tank when mounted on back wall of filtration area)
The bad: A good bit of light spillage (might need a diffuser), fans can be a bit loud when at high RPMs

Good luck on your choice of light.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back