upgrade pump on a aquamaxx cone co-2 ??

JS_racer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

has anyone upgraded to a dc pump or something on this skimmer ?? my load seems to be quite a but lower than the spec.. the other i have considered is a Slide Loc® Original Skimmer Performance Adapter or something, not sure how fun that would be cleaning all the time.
not sure if that would help, I tried restricting the air a tic today... seemed to calm it down quite a bit.. just trying things... drone getting old.. and working again on dialing it in differently compared to output valve only after watching newer videos, and playing with my eSsence 130 air intake on my 58g
I only have 2 good size fish and about 25 rbta in a 120/40b sump.. (had 8-10 fish at one point over the years, will add more after the holidays)

tank has been set up as is for like 15+ years, skimmer have had since 2015..
thanks for your time

Last edited:

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are you complaining that it's too big for your fish/coral load?
And also noise?

I have had the ConeS 3 for ten years and I don't hear it at all. My stand is totally enclosed so that probably helps a lot, but I don't consider it loud as I've had this skimmer out in the open for years as well.
I have used the Sicce pump it comes with the whole time.

I just set the water level and then dial in the bubble height I want

As far as matching load.........it will skim something out when it's there. If it isn't taking much out there's nothing wrong with that.

OP
OP
J

JS_racer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just looking at it again with fresh eyes
just seeing if I can tweak it better, or if a newer dc pump would make it quieter / work better or more efficient.. it definitely isn't crazy loud, but can be heard if I listen for it.

was kicking around adding a scrubber, or fuge, started mechanical filtration after many years before looking at roller mats.. just assessing things... if that makes sense..

OP
OP
J

JS_racer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely looks different since putting a valve on the air intake and cutting it down some... That foam like that has never happened before... Guessing this is good, or better than not.. Usually it looks like rapid boiling... (than I would adjust the output based on crud line in the neck)

Attachments

• 20231214_122101.jpg
    20231214_122101.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 49

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back