Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve looked for comparisons but couldn’t find any so just looking for general guidance/advice.

Wife and I are looking at an upgrade and I’m torn between these two companies. I currently have a IM 20G.

It’s between the IM 100ext and the Planet Aquariums crystalline premium 4’x2’x21”

I really like my current IM tank so I’m a little biased there.

Me and the wife like that the planet tank can come in an oak colored stand to better fit her decorations around the house.

IM would end up being $500-$750 cheaper (not a huge issue but I could use that for corals!)

Just a prelude this willbe a 5+ year tank before we move again and go even bigger so it will be with me for awhile.

I’m just curious as to which one you guys/gals would go with. I’m sure I’d be pleased with either.

itselenababe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I’d go with whatever suits the rest of your interior decorations. One of our tanks came with a black tank and was a great price but every day I look at it and it bothers me how dark it is when the rest of our stuff is light colours

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can buy an IM tank and match it with a stand of your choice from Planet or get one custom made.

Right now the tank only IM's are out of stock but be patient and get what you want.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the 100EXT so I could build my own stand.

OP
OP
Nick Steele

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can buy an IM tank and match it with a stand of your choice from Planet or get one custom made.

Right now the tank only IM's are out of stock but be patient and get what you want.
I bought the 100EXT so I could build my own stand.
While this would be perfect I’m no good at woodworking and don’t want to pay for a custom stand this time around.

Has anyone bought an IM tank/stand and added different panels around it? Or maybe even painted over the first color?

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM stand is aluminum and one of the major selling point. White would go well anything and also easier to resell later.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back