Upgrade Time: Shallow Reef or CUBE

Joshua Cline

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2015
Messages
95
Reaction score
62
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning on upgrading my 29 gallon biocube very soon! I have been keeping small numbers of sps and plan eventually transitioning to a sps dominated tank! I just upgraded my light to the xr-15 reef radion pro led!

I want to stay around the 30 - 50 gallon range. The tank also has to be rimless. I already have a custom sump that I originally built for my biocube. I want to be able to keep my led light.

Should I go with a shallow style reef or stick with a cube? I like the SC aquarium 50 gallon starfire but I also like the 30 gallon deep blue rimless!

HELP ME :)
 
I like both options but i think the shallow reef would be a better option, length to spread things out, also if you get some fish, more room to swim back and forth.
 
You could have a lil bit of both worlds if went with the innovative marine 50 gallon lagoon they just came out with.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new