Upgrade

jeff howard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0661.jpg

I wanted to start the build thread by capturing the current 75. It is a Deep Blue Reef Ready tank, with a pine stand. We use Odyssea T5 lights with ATI bulbs. It is a mixed reef, heavy on LPS at this point. I have a Jebao CP25 and WP40 for flow, backed up with a Jebao Back up. As we get ready to upgrade I wanted to remember where we are.

OP
OP
jeff howard

jeff howard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0662.jpg

The backbone of our reef is our sump room. Our 75 will end up where the Brutes are, and be plumbed into the sump. Then changing the water and dosing can be done from one spot. It is a 100gal stock tank with rock and algae. The skimmer is a Geo Becket skimmer that is 48x10 inches. I have a RKL that runs my BRS dosers using ESV two part. I holds 3 Jebao pumps. One runs the skimmer, one returns to the 75 upstairs and the third feeds the frag tanks. I am counting on it to give everything enough stability to support the upgrade without losing a bunch.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0662.jpg

The backbone of our reef is our sump room. Our 75 will end up where the Brutes are, and be plumbed into the sump. Then changing the water and dosing can be done from one spot. It is a 100gal stock tank with rock and algae. The skimmer is a Geo Becket skimmer that is 48x10 inches. I have a RKL that runs my BRS dosers using ESV two part. I holds 3 Jebao pumps. One runs the skimmer, one returns to the 75 upstairs and the third feeds the frag tanks. I am counting on it to give everything enough stability to support the upgrade without losing a bunch.

Very nice Jeff! Bravo!

OP
OP
jeff howard

jeff howard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
of course right when I want to move things, while testing I found thousands of Peppermint Shrimp fry in my frag tank. I guess that isn't all bad, but I am not really set up for them and I doubt many will make it.

psfry.jpg

OP
OP
jeff howard

jeff howard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
75move.jpg

The next thing Tina and I had to do was move our 75 to the basement. We put everything in a 50g feed trough, cleaned the tank and stand. Moved it down the stairs and set it back up. My wife is great. She always helped in the shop, and she loves the reef as much as I do. While I worked on plumbing and electrical, she scraped the tank, cleaned it up and caught all the fish. After 8 years, the reef is gone and our living room is too quiet and too dark.

75move3.jpg

The 75 is now in the basement. Everything seems okay for the moment. All the fish are eating, and so far nothing has died. The next step will be painting while we have the reef out of the way. Then I can start the build.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back