Upgrading Fluval EVO 13.5 to.....Waterbox 20 - feedback

  • Thread starter Thread starter RaymondL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RaymondL

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2022
Messages
989
Reaction score
354
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I overdid populating the 13.5 gallon Fluval EVO, and so with that I'm thinking of the Waterbox Cube 20 - due to space and wanting to limit costs involved and maintenance of, I think the 20 gallon cube might do - being a cube, it'll take less horizontal space than a peninsula type tank.

The Waterbox stand for it is quite pricey, but it looks sharp since it's made to fit the shape of the tank flushed. I notice that Waterbox stands any other such as Redsea the tank's front floats about 1/4 inch or so to allow for the cabinet door to be flushed with the tank. Is this at all any concern?

For those who own the Waterbox stand, any reservations or good things to say about it?

Thanks
 
1729096009001.gif
 
I think I overdid populating the 13.5 gallon Fluval EVO, and so with that I'm thinking of the Waterbox Cube 20 - due to space and wanting to limit costs involved and maintenance of, I think the 20 gallon cube might do - being a cube, it'll take less horizontal space than a peninsula type tank.

The Waterbox stand for it is quite pricey, but it looks sharp since it's made to fit the shape of the tank flushed. I notice that Waterbox stands any other such as Redsea the tank's front floats about 1/4 inch or so to allow for the cabinet door to be flushed with the tank. Is this at all any concern?

For those who own the Waterbox stand, any reservations or good things to say about it?

Thanks
I took the dimensions of the Waterbox stand and created my own stand. I made the top the exact dimensions of the tank but the top does hang over the front of the stand (to be flush with the cabinet door). Works great. Nice clean look. You can see some pictures in my build thread.
 
I recently got one a couple of weeks ago from my LFS for 60% of the suggested retail price. I'm also in the process of getting things together for my WB 20 build. It's not bad, but I wish it had a metal framing for peace of mind. Putting it together was not so bad but if you do purchase this cabinet make sure you tighten screws evenly or all sides will not look flush and tight.

To give you an idea for the cabinet itself I am 5'7" and the top base is around my waist. Once the tank is on top of it will be an extra 15" to my armpit for any maintenance or move any rock work (short people problems). But if you are taller than me it may be easier for you to do those things.

Wish I had the time and the tools to build a cabinet like @ReefingInCLE. Love your cabinet build!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new