Upgrading from 33 gallon to 100 gallon a question

KingAh123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to just pour the water from the old tank into the new one, and just pour new saltwater in there till the tank is full of water, can I just transfer all my fish and inverts over, to the new tank since I'm going to use the water from the old tank? Or do I need to acclimate them?

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
before transferring fish or corals over make sure you are in line. ALK, CAL, MAG, PO4, NO3, PH, TEMP, all need to fall within the levels that they were previously

OP
OP
KingAh123

KingAh123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
before transferring fish or corals over make sure you are in line. ALK, CAL, MAG, PO4, NO3, PH, TEMP, all need to fall within the levels that they were previously
Can't I just pour the old water in then, just put the fish and inverts in, and then just put the usual water that I do my water changes with? I'm not dossing anything since I have no corals, and I'm using the aqua forest salt mix. But I hear what you are saying if the values don't match up, do I then drip acclimate the livestock just in case?

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Can't I just pour the old water in then, just put the fish and inverts in, and then just put the usual water that I do my water changes with? I'm not dossing anything since I have no corals, and I'm using the aqua forest salt mix. But I hear what you are saying if the values don't match up, do I then drip acclimate the livestock just in case?
yeah that is fine

Back