Upgrading sump to frag tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rmckoy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2013
Messages
8,369
Reaction score
10,642
Location
Ontario Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking up adding a frag rack in the middle compartment of our sump .
That chamber only has a pump to supply the external skimmer .
That compartment measures 11”x12” and the water level is 8” below the bottom of the stand .
There is a regular light fixture there that I used to use for a refugium light ( par 38)
I’m Looking for suggestions for lighting .
if I were to put lps frags in there .
Sps frags I have in the display above
 
I have 2 par 38 bulbs I was thinking of using .
but not sure if they’re enough light . If I kept only lps it might be ok
 
I have 2 par 38 bulbs I was thinking of using .
but not sure if they’re enough light . If I kept only lps it might be ok

If I am looking at the right light the color temp is 2700K correct? If this is the case this has a spectrum that is not very usable by corals. Corals grow the best under the bluer spectrum which 2700K focuses more on the yellow/red side. I would recomend getting a Reef light for a nano tank or something like that.
 
This is the one I’m talking about
F4380EA9-C669-41C7-8796-C16A0D890D53.png
1EA4BC79-B3F3-465C-B6ED-BA8C8F472E8A.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new