Upgrading tank size. Need help transfering aquascape. Please.

GlennVelvet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I just registered here, but not really new. I have been getting information on reef2reef for 3 years now. I have a 40 gallon breeder aquarium. I saw they now have the 60 gallon breeder at the petco near me. I wanted to upgrade, but I glued all my rocks together in my 40 gallon. Is there anyway for me to just lift the hole thing and lower it down into the 60 gallon breeder? I am afraid of where the rocks will break with all the glue I had to use if I had to take it apart. Do I have any options that someone has tried? I would be moving it about 6 feet away from where it is now. Thank you everyone for your help. Much appreciated.

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What glue and what method did you use? There's some techniques (i.e. superglue gel on either side of a decent putty) that are practically stronger than the rock, and could maybe be lifted in one piece.

That said, I would not expect to be able to move this intact. Expect it to break into several pieces on lifting, and be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't.

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tired summed it up nicely.
I would like to add that while it can be done, I would still break it apart into pieces that you can grab in whole with both hands, just to make sure nothing can fall and break your tank or worse, injure someone in the process.

OP
OP
G

GlennVelvet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much for the help everyone. Much appreciated. That is why I included the picture for advice. I do not know who is a Virgo like me, but you know when you're setting up your live rock the first time around. You want to make it a certain way that you won't have to move until you take down the tank. Especially when you usually want to glue everything to prevent big bad events with heavy rocks. Good luck everyone on your travels!

OP
OP
G

GlennVelvet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if my picture even got posted. I do not know how to work this advanced tech stuff. I will just post a link to a video I made of what my tank looks like. I'm sorry!

Back