Upgrading tanks

jthunderzzz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have recently purchased a tank to upgrade from my 30 gallon tank to a 65 gallon tank. I just picked up the new tank and was just looking for any advise for the process. My previous tank had a canister filter and this one now has a sump so there will be some learning for me for sure before getting everything ready. I have an idea on what my process would be but any advise would be helpful. I plan to run both tanks at the same time for a bit to hopefully make for a smooth transition for my fish and corals.

fishyjoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any advise for actually moving the livestock.
For the sump/plumbing I'd say set the whole thing up in the garage or anywhere that can just drain out easily if you have a leak.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have recently purchased a tank to upgrade from my 30 gallon tank to a 65 gallon tank. I just picked up the new tank and was just looking for any advise for the process. My previous tank had a canister filter and this one now has a sump so there will be some learning for me for sure before getting everything ready. I have an idea on what my process would be but any advise would be helpful. I plan to run both tanks at the same time for a bit to hopefully make for a smooth transition for my fish and corals.
And no pictures of the new tank?

Lots of threads on tank transfers here in the search bar.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back