Upgrading to a little bigger tank.

Betroc2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a 28 gal. JBJ HQI tank to replace my 24 gal. JBJ. I just set it up today so it is still cloudy and I can't take pics yet. Maybe tomorrow I can. Everything seems to be running ok. It is a used tank I bought from my LFS. It came complete even with skimmer and all pumps lights and stand. $200. I hope I got a good deal. It only took me 5 hrs. to swap out the 2 tanks by myself. I only had a Blue Damsel, Royal Grammas, and a Red banded shrimp to move to the new tank. The Shrimp lost a large pincher when I was trying to catch him.:cry: Do they grow them back? I feel so bad. To make it worse the poor guy found his detached arm and was carring it around.:sorry: I sure hope the little guy makes it ok. He has been crawling all over the rock and seems to be fine. I'll let you know how he seems tomorrow.

OP
OP
Betroc2

Betroc2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's 24 hrs. since my tank setup. I did a check on all my water and it's perfect. I haven't put the skimmer in yet though. I'll check the water again tomorrow and then maybe I'll put it in. I haven't learned how to get my pics up up yet so maybe tomorrow my son can show me how to get it from the phone camera to here, LOL. All my tank mates look and act great. I think they love the little extra room. Still have to do a desent Rockscape. The sand is so fine I just touch something and the water clouds up. My Damsel doesn't help. She is always sturing the bottom up.:bigsmile:

OP
OP
Betroc2

Betroc2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I just couldn't wait any longer to put in the skimmer. It is the one that came with the JBJ HQI 28 gal. tank I can't wait to add some colorful corals and get my tank popp'n. But, I will wait 4 weeks and keep an eye on my water and equipment to make sure everything is stable. I sure don't want to spend all that money and have something go wrong. So far, so good. :clap2:

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 40 27.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 32 21.8%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 35 23.8%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 37 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back