Purple dottyback simmer doen in bigger tank?

Redneckgearhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 4 foot, 90 gallon tank with two clowns and an purple dottyback. I had a couple of cardinals and some purple flames that the dotty bullied to death. He also chased two other clowns and a flame hawk into the overflow. I've pulled the two chased clowns and flame hawk and they're loving life in another tank. I'm upgrading to a 125 gallon 72" tank and was thinking about dumping the dotty into the sump or do you think he'll be OK with more room?

I almost hate to Gamble it as catching him after is gonna be tough. Even considering putting him in the tank the other got rushed into....

Risk it or not? Bigger tank help his aggression?

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 4 foot, 90 gallon tank with two clowns and an purple dottyback. I had a couple of cardinals and some purple flames that the dotty bullied to death. He also chased two other clowns and a flame hawk into the overflow. I've pulled the two chased clowns and flame hawk and they're loving life in another tank. I'm upgrading to a 125 gallon 72" tank and was thinking about dumping the dotty into the sump or do you think he'll be OK with more room?

I almost hate to Gamble it as catching him after is gonna be tough. Even considering putting him in the tank the other got rushed into....

Risk it or not? Bigger tank help his aggression?
Logically yes, more room less aggression.
I have a purple in 72” with no issues, but, he will defend his back corner.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back