Upgrading to another tank questions

Mrfd217

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 31, 2019
Messages
12
Reaction score
13
Location
Columbus
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it’s another upgrade/moving thread .
Okay so here it goes... I currently have two tanks up and running on separate systems. Both have sand in them along with live rock and fish.
System A has been running for a year.
System B has been running for 7ish months.

When I close on my new house this Friday, I plan on moving both systems over and combining the two into one.

I have been thinking about going bare bottom in my the tank. Is it possible to just put all of my live rock in the tank and filling it with out using sand? then adding my fish and testing for ammonia and use prime in conjunction?

If that is not possible to do, then how should i go about rinsing my sand and reusing it in the tank that I’m setting up?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new