UPS Security Checks

  • Thread starter Thread starter AcroNem
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2015
Messages
4,509
Reaction score
14,360
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone else had UPS delay their package an entire day because they did a security check on your package? I have it happening right now and it's a first for me. I called and there's nothing they can do. They didn't really even know the reason behind it. Any way, feel free to chime in. Fingers crossed at least something makes it through the extra time.
 
Yes, it took a few days in the middle of winter to finally get a package from them. I had to call them and nicely demand I be able to pick up my package after hours. Box was really beat up, leaking and freezing but somehow everything was fine after a very slow acclimation.
 
Oh man I'm sorry, that's amazing everything survived. Mine has had a security check and was delayed most of the day due to severe weather. So it's (supposedly) arriving tomorrow. This box has Gorgonians, small basket stars and a thorny oyster... I'm not very optimistic but I'm hoping for the best.
 
Gorgs, should be okay. I recently found a seller who sends them snail mail style for 5.99 shipping and mine arrived okay after 4 days in the mail system
 
Most species of Gorgonians seem to be fine with shipping. The snail mail thing is a little sketchy though.
 
Hey if they lived that's good, I don't think I'd ever do it. Anyone else had it happen? If so do you know the reason for it?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new