Urchent qustion

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cpt J
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Cpt J

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2016
Messages
10
Reaction score
3
Location
Watertown NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a new urchent for my tank but he has not moved a day and half. Is this normal? If he dead do I need to remove him because it will stick my tank?

I already have one urchent for 2 years. The fish and coral I also got at the same time look to be doing good.
 
How was your new urchin acclimated?
 
Urchins need quite a lot of algae to live. Have you tried feeding it nori to see if it will eat? Depending on the size of your tank, there may not be enough algae for 2 urchins.
 
Urchins move around constantly. Even when still you can usually see some movement in their spikes. If you don't see moment at all, he may be dead. If he is attached to rock, see if you can gently pull him off. Then place him back and see if he re-attaches. If he just falls away and doesn't right himself, he's dead.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new