Urchins and Snails keep dying

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mrcote1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I Read some threads on here about tin in various tubing used. I use the braided home depot tubing for my return which seems linked to tin.

Would running a small amount of cuprisorb all the time be beneficial? Or woukd it strip the water of necessary elements as well?
 
I Read some threads on here about tin in various tubing used. I use the braided home depot tubing for my return which seems linked to tin.

Would running a small amount of cuprisorb all the time be beneficial? Or woukd it strip the water of necessary elements as well?
Cuprisorb is generally used to remove copper, seems to have mixed reports of helping with tin. I would not run it all the time in any case.

But a few moderate size water changes, and running some cuprisorb at the same time can't hurt.

Also, if you think that tubing is the source I'd replace it if you haven't already
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new