Urgent

Gulrez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's been couple of days now (at least 4 days since I noticed) and I have been doing water changes every other day. approx. 50gallons each time. I can't figure out if it's ich, velvet or something else. i have slowly raised the DT temp to 80, and been feeding food mixed with selcon, vita-chem, kanaplex, metroplex and focus + garlic. All the fishes are eating well but few have dusting on their bodies. see pics & video IMG_9177.JPG IMG_9178.JPG IMG_9179.JPG IMG_9180.JPG IMG_9181.JPG IMG_9182.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9183.MOV
    67.7 MB
  • IMG_9184.MOV
    51 MB
OP
OP
G

Gulrez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_9160.JPG

can you see the dust like particles on top of his head?

marin8n

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like Ich to me. Your best option is to get the fish out and start treating with copper. Check out humble.fish for details on quarantine procedures. Tank will need to go fishless for 72 days as well to eliminate residual parasites

OP
OP
G

Gulrez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some more pic and videos

Attachments

• IMG_9197.MOV
    25 MB
  • IMG_9196.MOV
    60 MB
OP
OP
G

Gulrez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like Ich to me. Your best option is to get the fish out and start treating with copper. Check out humble.fish for details on quarantine procedures. Tank will need to go fishless for 72 days as well to eliminate residual parasites
take a look at the video i just uploaded of the Sohal tang & eye line tang.

Suohhen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's bring in the big guns @Jay Hemdal @vetteguy53081
The clown tang is clearly struggling and breathing rapidly which looks clearly like velvet to me although it could be a bad bacterial infection as well. The 2nd video doesn't load for me and the pictures don't have any clear evidence, the spots seem to move around and are irregular. Besides the clown are their any fish with irregular behavior?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Sohal seems to be breathing much faster than the number of ich spots it has would suggest that it should. to me, that implies multiple issues.

Blue light makes visual identification from photos and videos VERY difficult. White lights work much better.

Is this tank a FOWLR? You have a lot of fish in there and moving them all out to a quarantine tank seems like an impossible task to me. If you could find it, chloroquine to your DT might work, but I cannot find that drug now that it was pulled from the market due to Covid misuse.

You *might* be able to medicate the whole tank with copper, but all that rock is going to make it difficult to maintain a proper level. What about pulling most of the rock and sand, soaking it in FW and adding PVC pipe for the fish to hide and dosing with copper then?

What was your water temperature at before you raised it? Raising water temp is a way to manage FW ich, but it just makes velvet and marine ich propagate faster.

Jay

OP
OP
G

Gulrez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was 78. Now it’s 80 degrees. It’sa 450g tank. There is at least 400lbs LR. It’s not FOWLR.
I have dealt with ICh before. More ICh Mgmt. If it’s not velvet then I can continue feeding them with medication and water changes. It will stress them out even more trying to remove them

OP
OP
G

Gulrez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I dose chloroquine phosphate? I will get that. The tablets are 500g each I think. Can you advise how I can proceed directly in DT.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was 78. Now it’s 80 degrees. It’sa 450g tank. There is at least 400lbs LR. It’s not FOWLR.
I have dealt with ICh before. More ICh Mgmt. If it’s not velvet then I can continue feeding them with medication and water changes. It will stress them out even more trying to remove them
Trouble is, it may be ich and velvet. IMO it has gone beyond he management phase to the point where the number of theronts themselves become the stressor (called propagule pressure). I could be wrong, I hope so!
Jay

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I dose chloroquine phosphate? I will get that. The tablets are 500g each I think. Can you advise how I can proceed directly in DT.
If your tank isn’t FOWLR you can’t use CP, it will kill most invertebrates. The typical dose is 15 mg/l. You need to know the amount per pill (as there is likely some binder used). The formula is 15 times the actual volume of your tank in gallons divided by 266.
Jay

OP
OP
G

Gulrez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank is 550g with the sump included. Is that 15mg/ per liter or gallon

Suohhen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ah thanks.
Also if you don't take every porous surface out as Jay recommended you'll need to up the dose. Here is all the info you'll want to know.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank is 550g with the sump included. Is that 15mg/ per liter or gallon
It is 15 mg per liter, but the formula I gave you converts to gallons. I would run your calculations and then post them to me and I can double check them for you.
Jay

Suohhen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is 15 mg per liter, but the formula I gave you converts to gallons. I would run your calculations and then post them to me and I can double check them for you.
Jay
I posted the math. Here is another way to look at it, the tank is 2,082 Liters x 15mg is 31230 mg and the tabs are 300mg chloroquine/500mg which makes it 52050 mg or 52 grams

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 1 3.7%
Back