Uronema in new frag tank..

  • Thread starter Thread starter JimCali75
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Not sure that there’s much to see but I’ll try and attach a couple vids.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4601.mov
    8.7 MB
  • IMG_4603.mov
    38.4 MB
Since your frag tank is empty. Put your fish in the QT tank and continue treating. Empty your frag tank and wipe down with 10% bleach solution. Then let it air dry for at least 3 days. this is the only way to eradicate Uronema for sure out of your tank. Then you will have no worries about buying corals at RAP...
 
Since your frag tank is empty. Put your fish in the QT tank and continue treating. Empty your frag tank and wipe down with 10% bleach solution. Then let it air dry for at least 3 days. this is the only way to eradicate Uronema for sure out of your tank. Then you will have no worries about buying corals at RAP...
Thanks for your input.. This is the direction I’ve been leaning towards. PIA but it won’t ever be easier than now. I’ve got a canister filter with about 8 lbs of cycled Biohome Marine in it. How would you go about treating that? Dry out the media and start over? Thx
 
With Uronema in the title, I had to stop reading when I came upon the word chromis in the 3rd sentence. Don't buy chromis and you won't have uronema. Sorry you've got to deal with it.
 
Thanks for your input.. This is the direction I’ve been leaning towards. PIA but it won’t ever be easier than now. I’ve got a canister filter with about 8 lbs of cycled Biohome Marine in it. How would you go about treating that? Dry out the media and start over? Thx
Everything has to be completely dry for three days. That what I have been told by people that QT for a living. I am not familiar with Biohome. But probably a loss.
 
Everything has to be completely dry for three days. That what I have been told by people that QT for a living. I am not familiar with Biohome. But probably a loss.
Ok, Thanks..

Biohome is a brand of filter media. Made of sintered glass. It can be rinsed and dried out with everything else. I’ve read a lot about bleaching everything. Then using something like Seacham Prime. I’m assuming this is more of your not going to let everything dry out? If I’m breaking it all down and letting it thoroughly dry that should be all that’s needed correct?

Thx again!
 
Ok, Thanks..

Biohome is a brand of filter media. Made of sintered glass. It can be rinsed and dried out with everything else. I’ve read a lot about bleaching everything. Then using something like Seacham Prime. I’m assuming this is more of your not going to let everything dry out? If I’m breaking it all down and letting it thoroughly dry that should be all that’s needed correct?

Thx again!
Personally I would run everything through a bleach wash, then let everything dry out. Just make sure to use disinfectant bleach and not "no splash" bleach. Then rinse with fresh water then air out. Can also use sodium thiosulfate but since you are airing it out not a requirement. Chlorine being a gas and all..
 
Personally I would run everything through a bleach wash, then let everything dry out. Just make sure to use disinfectant bleach and not "no splash" bleach. Then rinse with fresh water then air out. Can also use sodium thiosulfate but since you are airing it out not a requirement. Chlorine being a gas and all..
Could a person put the bleach directly in the system and let in run for a few hours. Then break it down, rinse and dry?

Thinking about it.. That’s a lot of bleach if your using a 10% ratio 😂🤦🏻‍♂️ I’ll break it down first. lol..
 
Last edited:
Hello, Question about feeding medicated food. I have General Cure, SeaChem Focus and garlic. I’m only treating 3 fish. Can I mix up a packet of GC, Focus and garlic to use over several days? Then use a dropper to soak just enough pellets for one feeding at a time? How long will the GC stay effective once wet?

I also have frozen food. Probably would work best to mix up a batch of medicated frozen food for a few days. My fish seem to eat pellets more readily though.

I already ran the QT tank through a treatment cycle with GC in the tank. RG is still flashing. Thinking about trying coppersafe next. Thx!
 
Hello, Question about feeding medicated food. I have General Cure, SeaChem Focus and garlic. I’m only treating 3 fish. Can I mix up a packet of GC, Focus and garlic to use over several days? Then use a dropper to soak just enough pellets for one feeding at a time? How long will the GC stay effective once wet?

I also have frozen food. Probably would work best to mix up a batch of medicated frozen food for a few days. My fish seem to eat pellets more readily though.

I already ran the QT tank through a treatment cycle with GC in the tank. RG is still flashing. Thinking about trying coppersafe next. Thx!
Focus is a binder and not necessary. GC has low level formalin and prazi. I understand what you want to accomplish and as a preventative prefer copper followed by prazi but if you want to try this method, I would use suspended GC and add garlic only to the food occasionally and see how the fish fare. You dont want to add to food as it changes the taste and can have adverse effects on certain fish when added to foods
 
Focus is a binder and not necessary. GC has low level formalin and prazi. I understand what you want to accomplish and as a preventative prefer copper followed by prazi but if you want to try this method, I would use suspended GC and add garlic only to the food occasionally and see how the fish fare. You dont want to add to food as it changes the taste and can have adverse effects on certain fish when added to foods
The fish have been flashing for some time. Especially the RG.. Already tried RRP. Then moved to QT and treated GC according to instructions on the box. So you would recommend copper next? Should I hold off on medicated food?

Thx
 
The fish have been flashing for some time. Especially the RG.. Already tried RRP. Then moved to QT and treated GC according to instructions on the box. So you would recommend copper next? Should I hold off on medicated food?

Thx
Hold off with medicated food best for internal issues.
How long did you run RRP?
It takes a couple of days to start working and recommended run time is 2 weeks. If flashing, best is PraziPro applied at 85% of recommended as flashing suggests flukes. RRP also works but takes longer
 
Last edited:
Hold off with medicated food best for internal issues.
How long did you run RRP?
It takes a couple of days to start working and recommended run time is 2 weeks. If flashing, best is PraziPro applied at 85% of recommended as flashing suggests flukes.
Ran RRP for 12 days before trying GC. Running carbon now per GC instructions. I have PraziPro but haven’t used it yet.
 
Ran RRP for 12 days before trying GC. Running carbon now per GC instructions. I have PraziPro but haven’t used it yet.
Gramma is prone to flukes and could be flukes. Please post a 45 second video of activity described using white light intensity, no blues to see
 
Haven’t been able to get a video of him flashing yet. Seems like his tail fin is clamped up.
 
Gramma is prone to flukes and could be flukes. Please post a 45 second video of activity described using white light intensity, no blues to see
Haven’t been able to get a video of him flashing yet. Seems like his tail fin is clamped up.
 
Haven’t been able to get a video of him flashing yet. Seems like his tail fin is clamped up.
Tail shows minor damage and I too see no flashing. If this tank is medicated with nothing, Add PraziPro for 2 treatments 8 days apart with a water change in between. If tank has copper, run its 30 day course , do a water change then do the Prazi applications as mentioned
 
Gramma is prone to flukes and could be flukes. Please post a 45 second video of activity described using white light intensity, no blues to see
Haven’t been able to get a video of him flashing yet. Seems like his tail fin is clamped up.

Tail shows minor damage and I too see no flashing. If this tank is medicated with nothing, Add PraziPro for 2 treatments 8 days apart with a water change in between. If tank has copper, run its 30 day course , do a water change then do the Prazi applications as mentioned
Yeah, haven’t been able to catch any flashing on video. He does do it though. No medication in the tank now. Just been running carbon for the past 2 days to remove remaining General Cure per GC instructions. I was going to treat for bacterial due to the fin damage but I have PraziPro I can use instead. I also have copper but haven’t tried it yet.

Thanks for all your help. Members like yourself are invaluable.
 
Haven’t been able to get a video of him flashing yet. Seems like his tail fin is clamped up.


Yeah, haven’t been able to catch any flashing on video. He does do it though. No medication in the tank now. Just been running carbon for the past 2 days to remove remaining General Cure per GC instructions. I was going to treat for bacterial due to the fin damage but I have PraziPro I can use instead. I also have copper but haven’t tried it yet.

Thanks for all your help. Members like yourself are invaluable.
Youre welcome and yes, go with prazi
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 51 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new