Use of CONTROL CIRCUIT'S "Max. Time On"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m posting this for two reasons: 1) to hopefully get agreement/confirmation that what I have done is correct and 2) make others aware of what I think I have found in case it may become useful anyone.

I use an OPTICAL SENSOR for my “main” ATO control. I also have a “Backup” FLOAT SENSOR above the OPTICAL SENSOR so if the OPTICAL SENSOR fails then the FLOAT SENSOR will shut off associated sockets (e.g. ATO pumps). From the time I set up EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS, I’ve been baffled as to why I frequently received ALARMS associated with my FLOAT SENSOR being “triggered.” I have been ignoring these ALARMS because they weren’t really causing a problem and I’ve had more important GHL learning to work on!

But recently, I programmed my skimmer to shut off, along with the ATO pumps , when the FLOAT SENSOR is “OFF”/UP. But now, I find that my skimmer shuts off from time to time! I finally figured out it is because on the LEVEL tab, I had the MAX. TIME ON box set at 8 hrs. (because that is the maximum allowed). So my problem was trying to figure out how to keep my skimmer from shutting off every 8 hours. I was thinking there should be a way to disable the MAX. TIME ON. Through trial and error, what I THINK I found is that you just set it to ZERO. So this is basically my question: Has anyone found that setting it to ZERO is the same as disabling the MAX. TIME ON? I just want to make sure that I don’t screw up something else, like my FLOAT SENSOR no longer shutting off the ATO pumps.

Normally, when you set the MAX. TIME ON to a number, say 15 sec, then the associated socket would turn off in 15 sec; or, shut off in 8 hours if set to 8 hours. So, you would think that if it was set to ZERO, the socket would NEVER come on. BUT, it seems that setting it to ZERO actually allows the socket to be on all the time! Am I missing something or have others found this to be true?

(If this is true, perhaps GHL should consider putting in the drop-down box something like, “DISABLE” to make this issue clearer/easier).

Screenshot (16).png

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what's in the Programming Guide:

1585266085559.png
Ahhhhh. Perfect! I was reading the RESOURCE GUIDE so didn't see that! (I wish they would combine the manuals into one document.....but I shouldn't have missed that. My bad!)
Thank you!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back